Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Sick Day

Sofia, Bella, Cristina and I all woke up feeling yucky. Although we had planned on going to the Jade Museum, we knew we all needed to take things easy.

Isabella ran a fever all night. Sofia and I woke up with headaches, achy bodies, and low fevers. Cristina felt the same way. She had had a sore throat and cough for several days too. Alex was the lone healthy one. How he escaped the bug, I don’t know.

Bella playing with beeswax

Maritza also woke up with the same cold. Aches, headache, and fever. Ramon started it and now we all had it, except for Alex.

We stayed in bed all morning, watching TV. Tylenol helped my head feel better.

Doing some spin art

After lunchtime, I was working on my journal on the porch when the Sheridans stopped by. Jennifer and Callista had dental appointments. We chatted with Bill and Jennifer while Callista played with Sofia and Alex. They dressed up in silks and alternated between pretending to be princesses and a king and princesses and a monkey.

After the Sheridans left, we made chicken soup for all the sickies and went to bed early. As I was putting Sofia and Alex to bed, I reminded them that tomorrow was Mami’s birthday, so we needed to let her sleep in as long as possible. Alex sat up with distress and said, “We didn’t buy her chocolate!” He was very worried that we hadn’t gotten Mami any chocolate yet, since we had decided that was what we’d get her for her birthday.

Later that night, the mechanic came by and picked up the clutch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home