Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day

Taking it easy on Father's Day

Cristina tried her darndest to let me sleep in this morning. As soon as the kids came in for their normal early morning wake-up visit, she went and hung out in their room, while they played. Wouldn’t you know, a fly kept landing on me, which roused me enough to disturb any deep sleep I may have hoped for. When I got up around 9, they gave me my Father’s Day card, one of Cristina’s beautiful handmade creations. I’m not usually a big fan of cards, but homemade cards are completely different.

I made breakfast (although Cristina offered). We had planned to go to La Sabana park and let the kids do some horseback riding, but things didn’t work out for that. Originally, we thought we would be getting together with Maritza’s children and grandchildren, but things didn’t work out for that either. Ramon was under the weather and spent most of the day in bed resting.

I decided I wanted pizza for my father’s day meal. We ordered pizza from 2x1 Pizza, which surprisingly didn’t offer black olives as a topping. Ham is the topping of choice in Costa Rica, so we had to make sure at least some of the pizzas were ham-less. The pizzas were a bit smaller than I expected, but they hit the spot. I ate an entire pepperoni by myself. The pizza was even slightly spicy, which was a pleasant surprise for this country, where it seems nothing is ever spicy.

Cristina made a big salad for dinner. We were all still pretty full from the late lunch of pizza, but the salad was a nice healthy way to end the day. After the kids went to bed, I went to bed and watched HBO. Constantine with Keanu Reeves. It was actually kind of good. I had to wear headphones though. The quiet parts were too quiet and I didn’t want to wake up Isabella when the movie got loud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home